ADVANCED CERTIFICATE IN MEDIA LITERACY COURSE 2019
This is an advanced certification course in media literacy for teachers, catechists, ministers and anyone interested in connecting faith formation with media literacy.
- Media Literacy: What is it?
- Faith Formation in a Digital Age
- Theology of Popular Culture/Cultural Mysticism
- Philosophies in the Media
- Panorama of Church and Media: A History
- The Art of Television: Media Mindfulness Praxis
- How To Read a film/Film History
- Praying the Media/Media Spirituality
- Top 10: Media Mindfulness in Pop Music
- Character Formation in a Media Culture
- Virtues and Social Media
- WORKSHOP: Creation and Presentation of a Final Project
Schedule for the Course:
Sun., July 14th 3:00pm-6:00pm
Mon., July 15th-Sat., July 20th 9:30am-4:30pm each day
Teaching staff includes:
Sr. Rose Pacatte, FSP, media literacy educator and film critic
Sr. Nancy Usselmann, FSP, theologian and media literacy educator
Sr. Hosea Rupprecht, FSP, author, film critic, and media literacy educator
A Certificate in Media Literacy will be awarded at Our Lady of the Angels Cathedral in September 2019 upon completion of the course and final project. (If you cannot be present we will send your certificate to you). You can register here, or scroll down for additional information.