ADVANCED CERTIFICATE IN MEDIA LITERACY COURSE
July 16th-22nd, 2017
This is an advanced certification course in media literacy for teachers, catechists, ministers and anyone interested in connecting faith formation with media literacy.
- Media Literacy: What is it?
- Faith Formation for a Digital Age
- Theology of Popular Culture/Cultural Mysticism
- Philosophy in the Media
- Panorama of Church and Media: A History
- Forming Catholic Cultural Imaginations
- Film History and Analysis
- Spirituality of the Arts
- Pop Music and Media Mindfulness
- Character Formation in a Media Culture
- Virtue Ethics and Social Media
- WORKSHOP: Creation and Presentation of a Final Project
Schedule for the Course:
Sun., July 16th 3:00pm-6:00pm
Mon., July 17th-Sat, July 22nd 9:30am-4:30pm each day
Teaching staff includes:
Sr. Rose Pacatte, FSP, media literacy educator and film critic
Sr. Nancy Usselmann, FSP, theologian and media literacy educator
Sr. Hosea Rupprecht, FSP, author and media literacy educator
Joan Doyle, Master Catechist and author
Rev. Scott D. Young on the history of cinema.
A Certificate in Media Literacy will be awarded at Our Lady of the Angels Cathedral in September 2017 upon completion of the course and final project. (If you cannot be present we will send your certificate to you). You can register here, or scroll down for additional information.
Register now below!